March 28th, 2012 by admin
Growing old is not a bad thing although many people dread it. Some people get fine lines or wrinkles on the faces and these instantly make them look older. There are many things you can do to preserve a youthful appearance. These include:
- Protect the skin from the sun – Sun damage is the harshest natural element of the skin. It can cause cancer, wrinkles and other problems. If you have to go out in the sun, you must use a sun screen. Most of them come with a built in moisturizer that conditions the skin and protects it too
- Drink water – This is the most natural anti-ageing product. It helps to hydrate the skin and flush out toxins
- Healthy diet – Eating of healthy foods rich in antioxidants helps reverse the ageing process. Foods rich in vitamins, minerals and carotenoids help to prevent the skin from damage
- Exercise routine – Exercises do wonders to the body and is a great tool to reverse ageing. Not only does it make you gain energy, it strengthens the bones, lowers blood pressure and builds up muscles
- Stop smoking – Smoking damages the skin. The chemicals found in it are harsh to the skin and make people look and feel older. Most of the people who smoke tend to have more wrinkles around their eyes and mouth. Smoking destroys collagen which is a vital component in the skin as it gives it elasticity. The solution to this is to stop smoking and using anti-ageing creams to prevent further damage
- Reduce alcohol intake – An occasional alcoholic drink is good but one should not indulge in too much of it. It causes the skin to dry up and also prevents vital nutrients from being absorbed in the body
- Keep the skin moisturized – Use an anti-ageing cream to nourish the skin. They help to reduce the effects of harsh elements like the sun, pollution and emission currents. You should also exfoliate to remove any deal skin and leave it looking radiant
- Reduce stress levels – Lots of stress speeds up the ageing process buy accumulating fine lines and wrinkles on the face
- Vitamins and supplements – Older people do not produce the same level of vitamins and other elements like the younger people and should take some multivitamin, anti-ageing vitamins or any other supplements daily.
- Have plenty of sleep and rest – People who do not sleep enough form wrinkles under their eyes making them look older.
Growing older is part of life but looking old does not have to be.